Eventcube is a fast growing, energetic startup within the ticketing and virtual events world. We are looking for a full-time developer to join our team, supporting the core product as well as various integrations and sub-products. We are a dynamic, distributed workforce so the role can be remote or from our East London based offices.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code working with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. You will take an active role on both sides in defining how the application looks, as well as how it works.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable working with both front and backend as well as new technologies but the role will be largely focused on PHP development
Bonus points for: PHP/Laravel development, Python/Django development, experience with various Content Management Systems, build tools such as Webpack, Vue.js/React, Native mobile development, A fondness of electronic music.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Git
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of server-side template engines, such as Twig
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.